Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Growing Up

People say I'm changing

but I'm just growing up

Im realizing a lot of things

n now I dont give 2 f***s

When I was younger I was naive

so I didnt see things people did

Now I've noticed everything yet I turn n still forgive

Mad stuff I don't deserve

cuz I'm the victim of displacement

Lookin for a refuge

Haven't found my replacement

So I turn to other things

that give me pleasure for a second

Like a hit or a puff

to hide the pain of adolescence

Then the hurt comes back and I do it again

It's like a cycle goes together

Like a paper n a pen

Some say we just live to die

then why do we even try

to live up to the customary of society's high

Well I'm not anymore

cuz I really don't care

not crazy like Britney

I plan to keep all my hair

But I'm sick of being judged

by the standards they've contrived

I'm my own person

In my own ambition I will strive

No comments:

Post a Comment